REFLECTOR: fuel probe types and mounting locations
Tony Babb
tonybabb at alejandra.net
Wed Apr 4 18:32:43 CDT 2007
Ronnie,
Your web site says "...This was done by marking the upper strakes with the
location of the bulkheads. Then duct tape placed on the upper bulkhead, and
two layers of 2" wide BID laid up on the tape...." Did you mean "Then duct
tape placed on the upper strake....".
Thanks,
Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:25 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: fuel probe types and mounting locations
I used a bendable Westach probe, 24" long and installed it on an angle -
sloping to the bottom at the back of the tank. I did not use the sight
gauges, so the probes heads are mounted about where the sight glasses would
have been. Output is 0-5 volts. My Westach dual fuel level gauge readout
is pretty linear with the actual gallons in the tank. 1/4 = 7.5 gal, 1/2 =
15 gal, 3/4 = 22.5 and full = 30 gallons.
A picture is at http://home.sprintmail.com/~romott/page30.html
I have an extra bulk head which is about 2" out side of the fuselage (I
delayed putting the fuselage top on so I could work on strakes and other
interior stuff without the top being in the way.
Worked out nicely.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew <mailto:ajlz72756 at yahoo.com> Ellzey
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org> list
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel probe types and mounting locations
Its time for me to choose a fuel probe type. I am installing a EFIS one
system and the manual says that If I use a westach 0-5 VDC probe I don't
need to buy an adapter to make it work. By looking at the Westach probe
information I will need to buy a bendable type probe probably part number
395-5SB-5 (6" to 12" depth). Has anyone on the reflector installed this
probe and can you send pictures as to the location that you chose to mount
and penetrate the fuselage? If you pictures are to large to post please send
direct to ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Andy Ellzey
_____
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070404/4a54d0a9/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list