REFLECTOR: fuel probe types and mounting locations

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 4 16:25:14 CDT 2007


I used a bendable Westach probe, 24" long and installed it on an angle - sloping to the bottom at the back of the tank.  I did not use the sight gauges, so the probes heads are mounted about where the sight glasses would have been.  Output is 0-5 volts.  My Westach dual fuel level gauge readout is pretty linear with the actual gallons in the tank.  1/4 
A picture is at http://home.sprintmail.com/~romott/page30.html 

I have an extra bulk head which is about 2" out side of the fuselage (I delayed putting the fuselage top on so I could work on strakes and other interior stuff without the top being in the way.

Worked out nicely.

Ronnie

 ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Andrew Ellzey 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:22 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel probe types and mounting locations


  Its time for me to choose a fuel probe type. I am installing a EFIS one system and the manual says that If I use a westach 0-5 VDC probe I don't need to buy an adapter to make it work. By looking at the Westach probe information I will need to buy a bendable type probe probably part number 395-5SB-5 (6" to 12" depth). Has anyone on the reflector installed this probe and can you send pictures as to the location that you chose to mount and penetrate the fuselage? If you pictures are to large to post please send direct to ajlz72756 at yahoo.com 

  Andy Ellzey


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070404/0175516f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list