REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap

Gary Stull gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 15 07:04:41 CDT 2006


I made a piece of triangular shaped metal too large to fit through the gas cap hole and attached a chain to the cap. Obviously this must be done before you install the upper strake, since the triangle has to be in the tank. Simple and works great
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Milehitaz at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 2:30 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap


  WOW ...Reading a reply to TEC from SB with grading of MT and about the MT and engine combinations...and there it was... a small gem off the topic but in the text I had forgotten about...."Gas Cap through a prop"....Any one chain them lil muthas down?    I was thinking about doing that long time ago but almost forgot to ask the wise collective for input. I once looked in Aircraft-Spruce for idea and proper chain...no luck. I probably missed it in there somewhere. 

  Anyone have experience or ideas that you feel like sharing? I was thinking about putting down an aluminum hard point and using some sort of chain...brass? Aluminum? SS Cable?  Ground it to filler ring/engine with the wire I am putting in? 

  First strake still open...but not for much longer. As always...thanks in advance to all for your help!

  Best to all,
  Larry Lambert
  XL/RG.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060915/61594de5/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list