REFLECTOR: Hardpoints for fasteners
Jorge Bujanda
bujanda at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 1 11:31:57 CDT 2006
I am not there yet but now that the topic comes uo
I have found nylon
screws and nuts available on the net (vibration resistant/non-magnetic). I
am thinking about embedding nylon nuts, per the method below, to attach
nylon clamps inside the cabin for wiring and support of other light items.
I have also found nylon ties with a hole for a screw that could be attached
with the above setup, although I like the first method better. Anything
that should concern me about this setup?
Regards
Jorge
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:17 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Hardpoints for fasteners
I drill out the inside skin/foam with about ½ dia, then I set a stud (bolt)
in there with flox could also set a nut in there I suppose- I did that to
attach my throttle quad to the fuse side- used T-nuts for best grip.
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Phil Hooper
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:39 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Hardpoints for fasteners
Dumb question, and the answer is probably in the manual. For cable fastener
location for the inside of the fuselage, the factory says to always use a
hard point. I guess this means even for one screw, ala the photo below.
Whats the most effective way to go about this?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060901/831aba05/attachment.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15062 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060901/831aba05/attachment-0001.jpe
More information about the Reflector
mailing list