REFLECTOR: 10 days is up!

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 17:17:33 CDT 2006


 Well... not quite yet. I decided to finish the firewall stuff first, then I wouldnt have to take the engine off again. I ran into the same problem that many people with older kits have had, the nomex/stainless was wrinkled horribly. So, I bought some thicker stainless and just finished fitting it today. I hope to have the engine back on by the end of the week. After that, a couple days worth of checking things and it will be engine start time. 
 
Cutting the new stainless firewall went a LOT better than I thought it would. I bought some new Bosch fine metal cutting blades and some scrap 1/8" hardboard. It went very well. I'll upload a picture as soon as I have it fastened to the firewall. 
 
Kurt Winker
4.3L 340HP Aluminum V-6 Chevy
 
-----Original Message-----
From: romott at adelphia.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 10 days is up!


Did you get your Chevy V-6 started???
----- Original Message ----- 
From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 24 volt electrical system


Oddly enough, I have both 12V & 24V systems in my aircraft. It's a long story, but so far the bench tests work fine. Hopefully I will have engine start in about 10 days. I'm currently working on the firewall stainless. 
 
Kurt 
 



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061015/7f2be87f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list