REFLECTOR: Velocity 20B update
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Nov 2 11:28:10 CST 2006
Al Gietzen wrote:
>
>
> Elevator is not at max up position, but I do run out of trim, at about
> 170 KIAS. Faster than that the trailing edge is up 1 ½ or more, and
> that is just a bit much. Also, at the low end the canard is stalling
> (gear down) at 75-80 kts, meaning landing speed is 90+, and end up
> with only about ½ trailing edge down on landing.
>
> I'm far from an expert here, but it seems like shortening the canard
> will make the stall problem worse. Seems like the canard incidence is
> up too much. When you do a power off stall (flying solo) is the
> bucking strong, mild, or just a mush? If it is strong-mild, then
> perhaps there is room to reduce incidence.
>
> I can trim the elevator full trailing edge down (on the ground), but
> not full up so I am going to put a block between trim spring and the
> torque tube bracket for more trim up
>
> I don't recall the spring arrangement, but I seem to recall that a
> block will move it in the other direction (less trim up). Maybe
> someone else knows.
>
>
>
> Id thought about reversing the sparrow strainer, but Im concerned
> about making it more pitch sensitive.
>
> I did not notice any change in pitch sensitivity when I reversed the
> strainer.
>
> Steve Murphree is suggesting I should put on a larger sparrow
> strainer.
>
> Seems like this would cause you to run out of trim at an even slower
> IAS because the strainer is working against the spring, pushing the
> elevator down.
>
> I need to fly some more and sort this out a bit further before taking
> a saw to the canard.
>
> I agree.
>
>
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061102/3e018f77/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list