REFLECTOR: Coarse/Fine BID
Steve Goldman
steve at fatcatair.com
Sat Jul 22 11:16:46 CDT 2006
Jorge Bujanda wrote:
> The manual calls for fine BID to reinforce the vertical and horizontal
> seams of bulkheads and baffles (Fig. 9-16. Fuel baffle and bulkhead
> location.). Although up until now I have used coarse BID almost
> exclusively, I ran out of fine BID glassing the Divinicel for the fuel
> tanks and I am about to start glassing the baffles and bulkheads.
> 1. Can coarse and fine BID be used interchangeably?
> 2. Can I use coarse BID to reinforce the horizontal and vertical seams
> of bulkheads and baffles without increasing the risk of leaks? Seems to
> me like the fine BID would seal better due to a tighter weave. Am I
> wrong?
My one month old kit only came with coarse bid and fine bid is not
in the parts list. I can't even begin to imagine that coarse or fine makes
a difference w.r.t. leaks. The epoxy had better be doing the sealing not
the cloth.
--
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531
Velocity XL5-RG (T-3496hrs) (no progress still working on work area)
Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
More information about the Reflector
mailing list