REFLECTOR: Oil cooler VG photo

Dave Nelson davenali at charter.net
Fri Jul 21 18:52:51 CDT 2006


I don't think so... the entrance edge (leading edge of narrowest point) is flat.  I also put a flat plate inside to square off the rounded edges between the back (inboard) surface and the top/bottom.  You are correct in that it's far from a real NACA... it's much too short, among other problems.

Anyway, thanks.  I think in the end I'll be putting in a second oil cooler (at least for now).  That seems like the most expiedient way to get past the problem.  I'll be at Oshkosh (with the plane) Thursday morning.  Are you coming up this year?

Thanks again!

Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 12:45 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler VG photo


  Hi Dave, 
  I thought it was you, but wasn't sure.  Good luck in finishing your conversion. 

  Mel 

  PS  About your oil cooling problem, is the NACA duct truly a NACA?  The original Velocity ones were not. Is the entrance edge shaped like an airfoil inside?  The details make a difference. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060721/0a43d580/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list