REFLECTOR: Oil cooler VG photo

Dave Nelson davenali at charter.net
Thu Jul 20 18:03:37 CDT 2006


Hi, Mel - that person would be me!  I didn't get it done yet, but I am working (slowly) on it...  first, I designed / created new completely in the cowl, rear exiting exhaust (similar to what you see on Long ezs)... and I've got that flying.  Second, I pulled molds off of both the top and bottom cowls and built new cowls so that I can cut 'em up & install the NACAs while continuing to fly with the old cowls... and that's as far as I've gotten.  I've been spending endless time working on this oil cooling problem, you see...

At any case - thanks again - and I am working on it!

Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:14 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler VG photo


  On the subject of engine cooling, I decided to switch to NACA ducts about the same time that Velocity did.  However, I put the ducts in the top of the cowl, not the fuselage.  The cooling works well here in Tucson.  During Oshkosh 2004 I met someone that wanted to make the same conversion and I mailed him the NACA drawing.  I can't recall who it was and I'm wondering if the conversion was made how is it working? 

  Mel Bina   STD RG 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060720/cec079b7/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list