REFLECTOR: help! damaged prop

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jul 18 11:38:55 CDT 2006


I did something like that to my IVO.  I filled in the gaps with
structural adhesive with milled fiber mixed in.  I used a clamp to
compress the blade to the origional thickness.  100 hours later, still
running fine.

John

TimRhod at aol.com wrote:

>  Reflectorites:   I need the wisdom of some who may have experience in
> damaged MT Props. In a rather nose up landing I apparently struck the
> prop on the runway because I noticed about 1/2 inch missing  from the
> ends of each blade after the flight. It is cracked and shredded about
> another inch into the blades. Question:  Is it possible to cut off the
> ends equally on each blade about another inch to get to solid wood and
> epoxy over the ends?  Is this prudent?  or is the prop trash?  I am
> scheduled to run in the airventure cup race on Sunday but if I cant
> modify the prop safely  than I'll have to scratch.   Thanks Tim
> Rhodenbaugh
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060718/dbad6cbd/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list