REFLECTOR: Fuel flow - RG sump
Pat Shea
xl340hp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 18:35:35 CDT 2006
Hmmm,
I sure you're right about the fuel lines - my excuse
is that it's been years since I've looked at the
strake end of my fuel lines. And here I assumed my
memory would wait until I was at least 40 before
starting to fail me...
My aluminum fuel lines coming from the strake do
transition to flexible lines to connect to the sump
(I'd guess 7" of flexible line per line). This was per
my manual, circa 1996.
Funny story, but I carry four needle nose style vice
grips in my flight bag. I can use them to clamp the
flexible portion of the lines in case I need to shut
down any combination of fuel/vent lines. In reality,
they probably mostly just provide psychological
benefit - I just don't like the thought of going down
(due to fuel starvation) with fuel in the tanks!
My strake vents lines are 3/8" - sump vent line is
1/4". All vent lines slope up and all fuel lines slope
down.
I'd love to see your bird. Romona is a pretty quick
hop from Whiteman. Also, my radio shop (Instrument
Overhaul Service) in on Gillespie which I need to
visit from time to time...
Pat
--- Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote:
> The forward lines from strake to sump are 3/8 per
> the manual. On the right
> side I have a ¼ line behind the wheel well (per my
> manual, circa 1997).
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Reflector
mailing list