REFLECTOR: Aileron balance
Robert Trent
RDTRENT1 at chartermi.net
Wed Jan 18 12:53:35 CST 2006
Al
I also used a one piece torque tube and have just a small amount of flex
(0.5 inches in the 4 ft from the aileron to the bell crank) in the tube.
I talked to Brendan about balance and he said to use the same published
balance procedure with nose down incidence line. The torque tube is parallel
to the hinge line and slightly forward and below so has a little, to neutral
balance effect.
When installed in the wing and hanging free, the trailing edge of the
balanced aileron may be slightly above to even with the trailing edge of the
wing.
Bob Trent
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:29 PM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron balance
I followed the approach of installing a one-piece aileron torque tube (no
u-joint) as recommended by Alan Shaw years ago. That tube has to have a
slight bend near the aileron to fit through the wing root to the bell-crank
bearing. Now I'm wondering what the implications are to obtaining the
correct final balance.
I'm assuming it is still a question of having the overall center-of-mass at
the pivot point with the chord of the aileron level - correct? How does
that relate to trailing edge alignment when the aileron is installed and the
wing is aligned with the incidence gauge?
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060118/43a4c4ef/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list