REFLECTOR: benches

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 5 13:09:44 CST 2006


Hi Grigore,

Yep, saw horses and a flush door will do nicely.  I used the yellow, 
adjustable length leg fold up saw horses from Lowe's.  I would suggest two 
for the door and two for installing, removing wings and canard.  I made 
adjustable tops for two of the doors:  use a 2x4 by 4 ft long with 3/8" 
threaded rod drilled and tapped on each end.  The threaded rods go into 3/8" 
holes in the top of the saw horses near the ends.  Then use a couple of nuts 
on each threaded rod, you have infinitely adjustable saw horses to raise and 
lower the wings to get a perfect alignment to install and remove the wing 
bolts.  You can also use these to single-handedly remove/install the canard.

Ronnie


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Grigore Rosu" <grosu at cs.uiuc.edu>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:11 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: benches


> The manual says that we should build one 7' x 3' bench 18" high that can 
> keep the fuselage, PLUS two other benches from interior doors supported by 
> 2 sawhorses each.
>
> I got the fast built kit, so the fuselage is already staying on the 
> wheels.  My garage is not that large, so I was thinking of not building 
> all these benches.
>
> Can those of you who are more advanced give us, the beginers, a feel for 
> what kind of benches we need?  Can one with a fast built kit get along 
> with just one bench made out of an interior door resting on two sawhorses?
>
> Thanks,
> Grigore
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list