REFLECTOR: Door guides

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 26 11:45:41 CST 2006


 I stiffened up the upper part of my doors, and changed to a different (softer) gas spring arrangement. I have had mine sitting with and without the engine on, and have had no deformity over time. (I just hated seeing beautiful velocities with warped doors on a hot ramp).  The down side is that my doors open about 5" less than stock velocities. Not a problem for me since Im short... besides... ducking is easy. 
 
The other thing I noticed was that the door strake piece would rub against the fuselage attached strake piece. I ended up putting a piece of UHMD plastic on the fixed portion. This stuff is very slick, and a whiteish opaque color. Works great. Now the door clides gently along that piece without chipping things. 
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: amillin at kal-soft.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Door guides


Hello All,

When I hook up the gas springs to the doors they deform.  I know this is
expected.

At the bottom, they are pushed forward about 3/16"  It is enough that the
door needs to be gently coaxed into position as it is being lowered.

I was thinking of making some kind of guide that would engage the door and
ease it into position.  Has anyone done this?  If so, got any pictures or
wisdom to impart?

Thanks,

Andy

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061226/388c4f02/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list