REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Aug 30 21:23:38 CDT 2006


Kurt,

 

I cut the 0.020" SS Sheet with a new pair of "aviation" shears.  The results
were fine, but there is a bit of technique to it.  Be sure you have the
cutting edges all the way tight to the advancing edge of the cut every time
you start another stroke.  Otherwise you get a nasty little burr, which will
make your skin leak.  You can get "left turning", "right turning" and
"straight cutting" versions of the aviation snips, but, being cheap, I did
it all with a "straight cutting" pair.  If you get any burrs, take them down
with a file.

 

Keith Hallsten

  

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:42 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless

 

I called around and found some thicker stainless that I can use. I think
I'll use the original fiberfrax or nomex or whatever it is that came with my
kit and use the new thicker stainless. 

 

Now I just have to figure out how to cut it without wearing out every sharp
thing I own :) 

 

Then it will look good and be functional as well. 

 

Kurt 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060830/0887cd1c/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list