REFLECTOR: FUEL PRESSURE PUZZLE
Tom Martino
tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Aug 26 09:04:14 CDT 2006
In 60 hours, never a problem. So I do not think it is the sensor
location.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 7:54 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FUEL PRESSURE PUZZLE
Could it be a sensor location problem?
Scott
Tom Martino wrote:
Something is happening that I can't figure out. My engine (IO-540)
runs great ... but the fuel pressure reading (EFIS One w/ resistive
sender) goes down as I increase power. In fact, at 2700 RPM ... fuel
pressure reads "0". Obviously, I was getting pressure because the
engine was running perfectly, but the reading was zero.
As I decrease power, the fuel pressure goes back up to normal (28 -
30).
I thought it was simply an instrument error ... BUT ... when I turn on
the "boost" pump ... during the low readings ... the pressure reading
goes back up to normal. Turn the boost pump off and it goes down to
zero. So, the gauge is reading the Boost Pump but NOT the mechanical
pump.
What would cause my pressure reading to go down at higher power settings
in an almost linear fashion?
By the way ... I checked the fuel venting and cleaned the fuel filter.
Everything is good on that end.
Where do I begin?
Tom
________________________________
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
-
The most effectual engines for [pacifying a nation] are the public
papers... [A despotic] government always [keeps] a kind of standing army
of newswriters who, without any regard to truth or to what should be
like truth, [invent] and put into the papers whatever might serve the
ministers.
Thomas Jefferson to G. K. van Hogendorp
Oct. 13, 1785. (*) ME 5:181, Papers 8:632
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060826/df3e7808/attachment.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 2743 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060826/df3e7808/attachment.jpe
More information about the Reflector
mailing list