REFLECTOR: Global Warming

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 13 12:01:20 CDT 2006


Dear Friends:

I know this site is not to be used for things other than airplane issues but this concern merits attention by all and we as pilots must take action in finding and promoting engines that are more efficient and cleaner for the environment, even find ways in converting our present engines to gasohol.  

Last night I saw the movie "Inconvenient Truth"  I highly recommend it, not as it would be nice but as something of urgency.  It is a root awakening to what is happening in the world today and what WILL happen in our lifetime if we do not take action.  Our future and that of our children is most definitely at stake.  

Please forward this message to as many people as you know.

The web sites below should be of interest.

Fred 

http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/

http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_headlines.asp?id9&c=7
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: MMurp16900 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:46 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil cooling


  Oil Temp.
  To Dave ,Sid and all.
  Have you complied with Lycoming service letter concerning machine the valve seat?.
  We did that.
  Be certain the temp. probe is looking at the return oil after it pass thru the coolers.

  I tried this experiment.  ( LYC IO540 KIE5)
  Removed the thermal valve,disassembled and modified the 3/16 dia. rod to new length 2.18"
  This forces the  valve fully closed and all oil is sent to coolers all the time  regardless of temp.
  The results were amazing.We see 30 F cooler temps.
  I know this winter  it will be necessary to go back to the original rod length 1.466" so we can get cabin heat.
  Mack Murphree
  A/P I/A  EAA Technical Counselor
  (775)246-9364


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060813/607efc8b/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list