REFLECTOR: Velocity 173 RG Elite uncompleted kit for sale
ejneil
ejneil at sonic.net
Wed Aug 2 21:56:02 CDT 2006
Hi Dale,
Just just saw your email. Sorry the Velo is not go to work for your. I am
very interested and live in Healdsburg CA and have an 173 Elite RG in the
final stage of finishing. I want to do it again. (I love the smell of
epoxy in the morning)
Call me 707-433-2370. Thanks. EJ Neil
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Dale Alexander
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:10 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity 173 RG Elite uncompleted kit for sale
Hi all,
Once again, all this talk about runway length has me concerned about
take-off distances. My home airport here is 2500 ft long, 1300 ft. in
altitude and sits on a bluff as well. In the summer, temps routinely are in
the 90-100 deg range for months on end. Coupled with the fact that I am
building a 173 RG with a 200-hp engine and do not want to base the plane
20-25 miles from home, I believe it is time to reconsider my game plan.
I am putting my Velocity up for sale. It was purchased in 1996, DMO 404. The
wings and canard are 90-95% complete. The retract gear and plumbing are
installed. The windows are cut out and fitted (door windows not yet), the
doors have been mounted but not fitted. The next step in construction would
be fitting the engine, strakes and doors. I now have approximately 1,000
hours in construction time and would estimate an additional 1,000 to
completion.
I will sell the kit with all remaining construction material, records. It
has an engine mounting kit and new, unmounted Catto prop. Also available is
a Lycoming IO-360 A3B6D 200 HP fuel injected engine with prop governor and a
sump for the correct orientation of the fuel servo The engine came out of a
Mooney 20 and has 1650 hrs on it now.
I spoke with Travis at Velocity this morning and confirmed that he can
transport the fuselage with center spar attached coast to coast for approx.
$4000 w/o the engine. If you would like a more correct figure, I would
contact him directly with your location. I am near Chico, CA. 90 miles north
of Sacramento.
Greg Poole was my guest for a few days recently and he can give his opinion
of the 173 to you.
At the time I purchased the kit from Velocity, it cost $28,000. I am asking
$25,000 with the engine and prop. Please contact me off the Reflector at:
Dalexan48 at dslextreme.com
I will supply more history of construction, pictures and warts to serious
inquiries.
Thank you,
Dale Alexander
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list