REFLECTOR: Rose Ignition

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Apr 6 17:06:17 CDT 2006


I have a Franklin/IVO with one Rose EI and one mag.  Here is how my EI
is set up.  I am including only the values that
differ
from the manual (to my knowledge - I did not build).

1.  INIT knob - set at maximum

2.  3000 knob - set at 7

3.  pickup gap - 0.013"

Mine works great, but when I changed the knob settings per the
manual,
it backfired badly.
I'm not sure about your 32* timing.  As I understand it the Rose pickup
is set to 66* advanced (11 teeth on the pickup, 1 tooth = 6*)

John



Larry Parham wrote:

> I have a Velocity 173 RGE-Franklin-Catto 66X74 and am trying to get a
> little more RPM.  In talking to Jeff Rose he was questioning if his
> Electronic Ignition would work good on the Franklin.  Anyone with any
> input would help. My timing is set to 32* and he suggested mayby
> droping it to 30*.  Anyone with any input would help.  Thanks larry
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060406/432f1800/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list