REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids EFIS
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Sep 7 10:08:55 CDT 2005
Terry,
The SS firewall covering, engine mount, and various other metal parts in the
aft cabin are likely to cause problems with the magnetometer in the aft
cabin. I plan to mount mine in the outboard end of the strake. It's not an
item that needs any scheduled maintenance, so I don't think you will need to
get at it once it's installed.
Keith Hallsten
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:40 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids EFIS
Hi Y'all,
I am in the final plans point on installing a Grand Rapids EFIS. It
will be a single AHRS mounted on canard, dual screen in front of the
pilot...side by side. I plan to mount the EIS on the radio stack to
(hopefully) minimize the times I have to split the PFD or Map displays
to deal w/ engine or fuel issues.
Here's my question: Where to mount the magnetometer. Ya know, it has
the ususal mounting guidelines: away from ferrous, moving parts,
magnetic energy fields. I have narrowed it to outboard on the strake,
(wings have to come off to get it back out again)or in the cabin on the
sidewall storage area which is way more accessible but subject to being
attacked by a carelessly stowed lap top or what have you. It must be
orientated in the direction of flight. 5.25 long, 2.75 wide, 1.125
high. Maybe the upper aft cabin ceiling?
Anybody w/ experience on this? Can I bury this baby in the wing and not
have to worry about it?
Terry
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list