REFLECTOR: Franklin CHT

MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com
Fri Sep 2 10:19:45 CDT 2005


During a recent visit, to the factory, I mentioned to Duane Swing that I 
along with a number of other Franklin drivers, were experiencing high CHT readings 
during taxi and takeoff.

I was taken aback when he said that other than my report, he had not heard of 
this problem before, and would have investigated and tried to resolve it if 
he did.

It seems that problems discussed on the reflector, are not being monitored by 
or getting directed to Duane. He commented that, if there is a problem within 
the Velocity community, by all means, discuss it on the Reflector, but also 
let him know.

The plenum and ducting (arm pit or nacca) was designed and supplied for the 
Franklin by Velocity. If there is a problem with the design or function, the 
factory wants to know about it so they can resolve it. This holds true for any 
factory supplied part, subassembly, control system, etc.

Lets not assume that if we post our problems on the reflector the factory is 
monitoring and will take action. A lot of times, I see questions asked on the 
reflector and immediately ten different answers and suggestions pop up, this 
is good, but the person posing the question now has to sort through the answers 
and decide which suggestion to try.  It would be nice to see this kind of 
posting. "I have this problem which I discussed with the factory; they said the 
fix is this."

OK blast away.

Mike W.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050902/21b52982/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list