REFLECTOR: Engine Plenum
Craig and/or Denise Woolston
cdwoolston at verizon.net
Thu Sep 1 23:37:06 CDT 2005
Scott-
Don't have the exact part number (but it's in the book) but I bought some
u channel weather stripping from ASS and contact cemented it to the plenum.
Not flying yet so can't give success story yet.
Craig
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 1:10 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine Plenum
Its hard to believe that nobody here has built their plenum with an
improvement over the method shown in the manual?
Scott Derrick wrote:
> I was fitting the plenum on my TSIO520 today, cutting and filing to
> get it as low as possible to allow room for a partially modified upper
> standard cowling. After I shortened the upper deck manifold and
> rerouted some of the injection lines I got it as low as practicable.
>
> Now I would like to make the edges that contact the engine more
> "rubbing" friendly with some kind of silicone edging, it would be nice
> to have something that slipped over the edge like door seal stuff.
> What are people using? I know I can cut Silicone baffle strips and
> glue and rivet but I thought there might be something a bit more cool
> looking.
>
> I looked on the Velocity site and the gallery and the only thing I saw
> was siliconing(as in gluing) the edges to the engine(YUCK).
>
> Also how are people attaching the firewall, runner to plenum assembly.
> The manual has a direct connection which has no slip joint to
> accommodate the engine moving around.
> Also regarding the runners to the firewall, the manual has us using
> the cowl screws to hold the runner to the firewall. I'm still toying
> with the idea of a groove for the cowl to slip into and doing away
> with all those screws. Any other suggestions?
>
> I searched my email archives and came up with nada on "plenum" in the
> subject line.
>
> Pictures are of course are greatly appreciated.
>
> Scott
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list