REFLECTOR: RE: spark plugs
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 01:33:08 CDT 2005
Doug,
I buy them from Klaus Savier.
http://www.lightspeedengineering.com/Products/Sparkplugs.htm
I use the W 24 EMR-C. I have tried the others and see no need for the expense of the racing plug. These W 24 EMR-C are cheap enough to toss after one cleaning. I generally clean and regap every 75 hours and replace at the annual. I average about 125 - 150 hours a year and now have 608 hours in a little under 5 years.
A pitot static is very easy to do with a piece of plastic hose and a ruler. In fact the way I normally do my retract test is to raise the plane on jacks (home made), and put a 1/2", clear plastic hose on the pitot and trhe other end into a bucket of water. The static pressure of the hose in the 10" deep bucket gives me about 105 knts and also shows any leaks. With 105 knts simulated on the pitot, I have now closed the squat switch and I can raise the gear.
If you need to know how to make the pitot calibrator out of hose and a ruler, check the web site of Rocky Mountain Instruments in the manual section for the micro encoder.
http://www.rkymtn.com/ look under the Encoder Programing Manual page 21 for construction of a Manometer
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Doug
To: christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sent: 10/24/2005 2:31:34 PM
Subject: spark plugs
Which spark plugs are you using? I have been tempted to switch. I have also heard that they run a bit cooler.
Up to 32 hours on my fly off, just have to work less. My current problem is altitude encoding and getting a pitot/static check.
For some reason the altitude encoding off the Blue Mountain has stopped and the local avonics shop does not want anything to do with experimental, nor do they want to do the pitot/ static unless I put in a different altimeter.
You flying?
Doug Kanczuzewski
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051026/55184ef3/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list