REFLECTOR: Oil Cooler

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 24 07:47:37 CDT 2005


Without seeing the cooler, I would guess that it is an air conditioning 
evaporator.  If so, the burst pressure would be several hundred pounds.  I 
don't recall an oil cooler being used on 90 model Buicks.

Larry, I would recommend taking it to a radiator repair shop.  They should 
be able to identify it and help you find a replacement.

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Brian Michalk" <michalk at awpi.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil Cooler


> Larry Parham wrote:
>> My wingroot oil cooler seems to be out of a 1990 Buick Regal (that is 
>> what is hand written on it).  My question is this.  Is this cooler of a 
>> good enough quality and if so would you trust an automotive rebuilder to 
>> repair my leak?   THANKS
>>
>
> What's the burst pressure of the automotive cooler?  Going auto, I would 
> make sure it's 2 or 2.5 times higher than max pressure for your engine.
>
> The problem with auto stuff is that it's hard to find these engineering 
> specifications sometimes.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list