REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure
Gilles Gratton
gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 18 09:29:56 CDT 2005
Larry,
I ran my Franklin engine for a while with the fuel pressure at
8psi and I had constant carburetor problems with an overrich mixture and
carburetor flooding. I was experiencing RPM variations as well. Yet
this 8psi is still in the operational range as per manual.(2 to 8.5) If
you get a black deposit from your exhaust on your cowling in spite of
aggressive leaning, you are running too rich.
I have a Weldon fuel pump and the lowest pressure that I could set it
is 5psi without compromising fuel flow. (This was tested at a fuel pump
shop).
So I installed a fuel pressure regulator (Holley) between the pump
and carburetor and my fuel gage sender(Mitchell)is mounted on one of the
ports of this regulator.
My fuel pressure at the carb is now 2.5 psi and the engine is running
just fine. I suppose that if the fuel was gravity fed like on a high
wing airplane, this is the kind of fuel pressure that would be reaching
the carb.
Good luck, Gilles
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Larry Parham
Sent: 17 octobre 2005 23:13
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure
I would like to know on my Velocity with a Franklin engine what the fuel
pressure should be. I removed the inlet to the carburator and with the
electric fuel pump on I capture one half gallon per minute ( would this
be
correct). My Mini-Fuel Watch (mfg by DPS Instruments) shows P 0; for
zero
fuel pressure. My sender, cold is 9 ohms ,and hot is 17 ohms. I
installed
a potentiometer to the MiniFuel Watch gauge and 28 ohms EQUALS 5 pounds
of
pressure. If 5 pounds is correct what sender will give me the correct
reading. Thanks Larry Parham
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list