REFLECTOR: Shimmy and Nose Gear Pivot Bushings
Alex Balic
alex157 at pwhome.com
Sat Nov 19 21:35:08 CST 2005
Last I checked, Mag partial clutches require electricity to operate-
same general idea though- just need to find a setup that will fit around
the shaft and attach to the fork- it will still allow full caster, but
will prevent shimmy.......
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:24 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Shimmy and Nose Gear Pivot Bushings
Alex Balic wrote:
> There is a viscous coupling that I had to spec years back for a
machine
> design project- kind of like a tiny torque converter filled with oil-
I
> have no idea if there is one available that could/would fit the nose
> gear, but basically, it allows relatively slow turning of the shaft,
but
> resists rapid turning/oscillation ( shimmy) kind of the same function
> that a shock absorber has on the suspension of your car- will see what
I
> can locate on it and report back........
>
> Alex
>
How about a magnetic particle clutch?
http://www.sdp-si.com/D790/HTML2/D790C13026_2.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list