Reflector: Strake Lights

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 12 07:50:29 CST 2005


Good morning Al,

My flight instructor never allowed me to land with the lights on.  He felt they shouldn't be counted on since in a Cessna they are subject to burn out at any time.  (bottom cowl mounted - gets a lot of nose wheel and engine shaking).   Of course this requires a field with runway lights working.  I wouldn't attempt landing at a field without runway lights working - landing lights working or not.  

The function of the down and locked limits switches are evident every time you land.  Two green lights are required before landing.  

The interlocking is a must.  It wouldn't be good to have the halogens burning a hole through the fuel tank while the gear is retracted if I forgot to turn the landing lights off.

Ronnie  
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Al Gietzen 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 1:16 AM
  Subject: RE: Reflector: Strake Lights




  I interlocked my lights with the down and locked micro switches through a 

  relay.  The lights cannot come on unless the gear is all the way down.



  Gee; I hope you never have a micro switch failure; or worse yet, a gear malfunction, in the dark.



  Al



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051112/a8f7f6f0/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list