REFLECTOR: Runway length

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Wed May 25 23:23:17 CDT 2005


By the time you're through at Ramona you'll know. I'd guess that if your 
20B behaves as promised you'll be fine. No room to spare on landing and 
certainly none for aborting takeoff.
Just barely adequate if everything works right ... Jim S.

Al Gietzen wrote:

> I put my name on the waiting list for a hangar at a nearby airport 
> (Oceanside) 8 years ago. They notified me Fri that one is available, 
> and that I have to commit within 4 days. (Thanks a lot for advance 
> notice!)
>
> The runway length there is listed as 2712’ x 75’. Clearly short for 
> initial flight tests. I’ll have to do that at Ramona – 5000’ x 150’; 
> but Ramona is an hour from home.
>
> I’m just looking for some feedback on basing a Velocity SE RG at a 
> 2700’ runway (at sea level and temps rarely over 80, typically in the 
> 60’s and 70’s). With 265 hp, takeoff should never be an issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list