REFLECTOR: Runway length

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 18:25:26 CDT 2005


Take-offs no issue.....Landing, well that's another story...



Best... Steve




----Original Message Follows----
From: "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures at cox.net>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: "reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Runway length
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:03:32 -0700

I put my name on the waiting list for a hangar at a nearby airport
(Oceanside) 8 years ago.  They notified me Fri that one is available, and
that I have to commit within 4 days.  (Thanks a lot for advance notice!)



The runway length there is listed as 2712' x 75'.  Clearly short for initial
flight tests.  I'll have to do that at Ramona - 5000' x 150'; but Ramona is
an hour from home.



I'm just looking for some feedback on basing a Velocity SE RG at a 2700'
runway (at sea level and temps rarely over 80, typically in the 60's and
70's).  With 265 hp, takeoff should never be an issue.



Thanks,



Al



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list