REFLECTOR: Deltahawk engine
Richard Riley
Richard at Riley.net
Sat May 7 14:12:22 CDT 2005
At 11:19 AM 5/7/05, you wrote:
>LOL.......... I just thought this was a Velocity forum. Again, I
>embarrass myself with my words as all scarecrows do looking for a brain.
I'm the token non-velo builder, here as a (deeply appreciated) courtesy.
>What would your gross weight be and your wing loading and area?
>Our present T/O weight is 1700 lbs. with a wing loading of about 14
>lbs/sq. foot and an MT constant speed....it would be a good race.
Empty I'm about 1175, 110 sq ft of wing. Add fuel and pilot to taste.
>Single turbo to about 35,000 with 50% power still available..... roughly.
>Let do it Richard..... gentlemans competition by some stated date...(I
>better be careful here.... my dates have come and gone right Scott?)
>So, If I don't fulfill these two demo's then I will gladly seek asylum in
>a third world country....... Belize would be nice....
I'm liking Grigor's proposal better. Racing to 30k in a non pressurized
airplane, you're begging for decompression sickness. And don't think it
would be a slam dunk for you - at 30,000 feet, I'd still have about 28%
power - and I'm starting with 300. Of course, I'd be running an
underpitched climb prop, so at the lower altitudes I'd be outclimbing
you. Either way it would be close.
More information about the Reflector
mailing list