REFLECTOR: IMPORTANT MT PROP INFO & QUESTION

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Fri Mar 18 12:40:59 CST 2005


I will try to get pictures next time I take the cowl off.  With that number you should be able to get  a set of brushes from a NAPA store or an auto electric shop.
Wayne
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: John Dibble 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:31 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: IMPORTANT MT PROP INFO & QUESTION


    
  Wayne wrote: 

     I don't know what IVO is selling now but when I bought my prop the brush holder was do-do.  They were slot car brushes and would not last. I found a DELCO brush holder assembly for a CS130D alternator that approximates closely the spacing on my brush rings. They last fairly well. You have to saw off lots of extraneous stuff and make a bracket. 
  Do you have a picture of the brush/bracket?  Mine was fabricated by the builder and I'm trying to find out where I can get a replacement brush if I ever need it.  It seems like the brush will last a long time, however.  I was told that a standard brush can handle 80 amps/square inch.  According to that, the brush that IVO provides can only handle 2 amps. 
  John 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050318/1542325c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list