REFLECTOR: oshkosh

Dave Nelson davenali at charter.net
Tue Mar 1 19:10:03 CST 2005


I don't disagree, but I've been flying a homebuilt to Oshkosh for probably 15 years, & I've never once had a problem with access on the day I arrive or on the day I leave.  In fact, I've been treated with respect.  That's a big difference with S&F.  Other differences are a town that understands the economic benefit of the show (resulting in freindly, happy people by and large), ample housing (I use the dorms), etc.  

I also resent "paying the pope" when I'm attending Oshkosh.  I feel like if I've brought my homebuilt (which they classify as a "showplane"), then I'm helping to put on the show - and I ought to at least get a reduced price ticket.  

I really feel like a typical internet hack for griping like this... but no kidding, I'll never go back to S&F.

Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: HYTEC45 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:55 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: oshkosh


  In a message dated 2/28/2005 5:54:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, davenali at charter.net writes:
    It's turned into a pure money grubbing event.

  So is Oshkosh, and "Pope Tom".  They proved that when they continued to whore Avemco.  The real backbone of the EAA is the local chapters.  That is where the hard work by people not getting a dime, and support to the homebuilders lies.  Give me a local "grass roots" EAA chapter event, and I will lay down cash with them over the "money grabbers" anytime.

  TEC


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050301/c45f66fd/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list