REFLECTOR: Leveling the plane

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 13:28:37 CDT 2005


Hmmm,

The plans clearly state how to establish the fuselage
level position - it would be pretty hard to build the
plane without it. Most builder's add marks for future
reference. My plane is painted and I can level the
fuselage (fore & aft, left & right) and check the
wing/canard incidence within about 2 minutes, most of
which is spent jacking up the plane.

If the builder didn't leave quick & reliable reference
marks on your plane, then I would suggest referring to
my last e-mail on how to establish the fuselage level
position and adding some.    

It's not too much to ask - just something you'll have
to do yourself if you want a quick reference.

Pat

--- Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> Jim,
> 
>  >>whining some myself, but I don't think a
> reliable, convenient FRP 
> reference is too much to ask.
>  >>But maybe I'm asking too much in that regard? ...
> Jim S.
> 
> No, I think it is pretty lame that a FRP is not
> built in as part of the 
> plans.  Every other plane I have worked on had one.
> 
> Scott


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 


More information about the Reflector mailing list