REFLECTOR: Bus, Battery & Back Order

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 16 21:17:33 CDT 2005


Makes sense.  I have both lamp and text based information display.  I
will set the yellow warning light with "ALTERNATOR" to come on at 13 (at
onset of the problem), then, at 12, I will have the system cut over to
standby battery (with a second red "STBY BAT" indication lit up).  The
text display can show the actual voltage on the bus.  If I wanted more
detailed view of the system status, I can always drill down by turning
the LCD/VFD to electrical system view to get actual measurements of the
voltages.

Thanks.

Hiroo

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:04 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Bus, Battery & Back Order

I suppose if your system voltage is down to 13V, then something is
wrong, however
the alternator would still be supplying the current draw.  I think 12.5
V is where you
are beginning to draw from the battery and 12-12.2 (where my warning
comes on) is
where the battery is getting "low".  So it all depends on at what point
do you want
the warning?

John

Hiroo Umeno wrote:

> This is a timely thread for me as I am finalizing the firmware for the
> annunciator panel MCU.  What voltage do you all trigger the low
voltage
> warning?  I am guessing that since alternator produce 14V and the
> battery is at 12, simplistically it should be set to 13V or so, taking
> the middle.  Is there a standard value that is the "industry
standard"?
>


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list