REFLECTOR: SEARCH

velocityxlfg velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 22 09:42:40 CDT 2005


Copernic Software does what I think you are looking for. It indexes all the words in all your emails for ease in searching.

http://copernic.com/

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Phil Hooper 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:36 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: SEARCH


  Larry, you can go to www.tvbf.org and browse the archives, but you can only search the subject name.  As far as I know you cannot search actual content.   So it's limited.

   

  I usually flag and then archive the messages that I find are of interest, or will be of interest someday, about 1/3rd of all messages.  I have about 7 archive files so far using Outlook 2003.  The only way I know that is effective to search is to load each file in and then use the find function, searching all text in the messages.  If I get a hit, I can then group all messages with the same subject title.  It's a little clunky and I have been looking for a program that will read Outlook PST files and then create threads, eliminating all the extraneous stuff, viz a single document with a complete history of all replies and banter without duplication.  So far, I've found nothing and don't expect to.  

   

  Long answer to your simple question.  Good luck.

   

  Phil

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Larry Parham
  Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:13 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR: SEARCH

   

  Is there any why to search by words on this list?  Example  I would like to search for the phrase "Hydraulic 5606" for example.  thanks   Larry



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050722/68bef224/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list