REFLECTOR: SEARCH

Phil Hooper phil at hdmnet.com
Thu Jul 21 16:36:01 CDT 2005


Larry, you can go to www.tvbf.org <http://www.tvbf.org/>  and browse the
archives, but you can only search the subject name.  As far as I know you
cannot search actual content.   So it's limited.

 

I usually flag and then archive the messages that I find are of interest, or
will be of interest someday, about 1/3rd of all messages.  I have about 7
archive files so far using Outlook 2003.  The only way I know that is
effective to search is to load each file in and then use the find function,
searching all text in the messages.  If I get a hit, I can then group all
messages with the same subject title.  It's a little clunky and I have been
looking for a program that will read Outlook PST files and then create
threads, eliminating all the extraneous stuff, viz a single document with a
complete history of all replies and banter without duplication.  So far,
I've found nothing and don't expect to.  

 

Long answer to your simple question.  Good luck.

 

Phil

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Larry Parham
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:13 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: SEARCH

 

Is there any why to search by words on this list?  Example  I would like to
search for the phrase "Hydraulic 5606" for example.  thanks   Larry

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050721/40da7c77/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list