REFLECTOR: Threaded hole strength
Jack Sheehan
j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 21 12:34:28 CDT 2005
Darrell,
I don't know what really big hatch (RBH) you are building there are a
few versions. Here is the one I have. This was my prefered opening
but as i was building I started to get concerned about the opening in
flight and I like you did not want any external screws etc. I dont
have any good photo's but what I did was make the hatch open from the
rear . like a british auto bonnet . That way it would be held down in
flight. The cover pivots on an axle which is glasssed under each side
of the opening the axle can slide enough so the cover can be either
just opened like a hood or totally removed. Hard to explain but if
you are using the same RBH you may be interested.
Oh by the way this is really neat but way too much work to remove a
few screws. Having done all of this I think the removable dog house
with piano hinges inside is probably the best set up I have seen. The
reality is I don't need to get in behind the instrument panel or on
top of the canard very often.
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director
National Consortium for Aviation Mobility (NCAM)
Visit the following sites
http://www.ncam-sats.org, http://www.sats2005.com, http://sats.nasa.gov
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Image070.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 59350 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050721/f6648e74/Image070-0001.jpg
More information about the Reflector
mailing list