REFLECTOR: Painting with Awlgrip

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Jul 16 09:27:03 CDT 2005


 

Thanks for checking Alan Shaw's notes on painting with AWLgrip and other
(polyester based, linear aliphatic) polyurethanes, Al. 

However, AWLgrip is NOT just for boats. I believe a good AWLgrip paint job
should last 15 years.  

 

Bob;

 

Alan is certainly knowledgeable, but also not the ultimate authority.  I
didn't take his statement about boats too literally; he was just making a
point.

 

I'm sure the Awlgrip is a more durable paint than the PPG acrylic urethane;
and could well last more than 15 years.  I agree with Joe; with my amateur
skills I'll go for a product that may be is easier to get a good looking
job, and if it still looks OK in 10 years, I'll be satisfied.  At my age
it's my condition in 10 years that is of more concern:-)

 

Sent us some pics of your finished paint job.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050716/e3fc77fc/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list