REFLECTOR: WEIGHT & BALANCE

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Jan 1 21:09:30 CST 2005


I submitted a full W&B calculation and used a CG envelope that was
suggested to me by several Velocity flyers.  However, I never actually
saw the factory recommendations.  Since I am very close to first flight,
I am simply double-checking EVERYTHING - now that the inspection is over
and the heat is off.  As you know I am flying a hybrid - an Elite, RG,
Long Wing with an IO-540.  
 
Which envelope would you use on this plane Scott? 
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Baker [mailto:sbakr at comcast.net] 
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 7:29 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: WEIGHT & BALANCE
 
Hello Tom,
The info you seek is in the suggested Velocity POH.  What W&B info did
you present to the FAA/DAR when they did the inspection for your
airworthiness certificate?  Don't tell me they issued a certificate
without an official W&B?
Scott B.
 
	----- Original Message ----- 
	From: Tom Martino <mailto:tmartino at troubleshooter.com>  
	To: reflector at tvbf.org 
	Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 8:56 PM
	Subject: REFLECTOR: WEIGHT & BALANCE
	 
	I have looked through every downloadable builder's manual on
Velocity's website and can't find any specific weight and balance
information.  I realize the we can set our own Max Gross Weight (within
reason) ... but certainly there must be a published CG envelope
somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas?
	 
	 
	 
	
  _____  

	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050101/b7dadb4c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list