REFLECTOR: Engines and High DA

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Feb 6 10:42:04 CST 2005


Kurt,

I'm assuming your talking about the IVO.

Unfortunately they aren't selling their prop for any Lycoming or 
Continental 6 cylinder engines as well.  I called and asked because I 
would love to have a CS or in flight adjustable prop that weighs in 
close to the IVO magnum. It weighs almost the same as a Catto.

I hope it treats you well.  Just keep an eagle eye on it during the 
first 25 40 hours...  Or buy a Catto for initial flight testing and try 
out the IVO when you have all the airframe and engine bugs worked out.

Scott

NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:

>Scott, 
>
> The reasons you mention is why I am not using an MT. Not only do I have a constant speed, but it weighs 30 pounds, has a good record (if you don't bolt it to a 4 cylinder thumping lyc.) and is inexpensive to repair. 
>
>On HP,  You lose more than 20% in GNT. The basic rule of thumb is 3% per 1000' iof DA. so on a hot day in GNT, you have lost about 30%    
>
>
>If you use similar aircraft setups (IE similar starting and ending HP, similar power loading, similar airfoils, and similar starting and ending weights) you should get pretty close in numbers. The 25% improvement in TO roll you look for is just about perfect or even according to the research that I have done. That should help you out a bunch! 
>
>I'd like to see the results!
>
>Kurt Winker
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>  
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list