REFLECTOR: Engines and High DA

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 10:23:43 CST 2005


Jim, 

  Well.. at risk of starting another gripe-fest from people that have not used the equipment:  

I am using the IVO 76" 3 blade CS prop (pitch range 65-105). 
IVO was very careful in making sure that I did not have a problem area (IE 4-cyl thumper lyc).  He asked tons of questions, Listened more and appeared genuinely concerned that he would not sell me a problem. More than any of the so-called certafied prop guys. I also researched from the people that have IVO-s on NON-Lycoming applications, they love it. 

Considering that, the cost benefit numbers change substantially. 

I was out at Lincold at Velocity West when Mark put the IVO on the old 173 FGE (which is what I have). He said that the performance was "somewhere between frightening and exhilerating".  They did remove it later due to the 4-cylinder thumper lycoming mismatch problems. 

As for the runway lengths:  you are right on the numbers. Since I only have 4800', I want to be able to abort without ending up in my neighbor's yard should I have to. So the 2500' takeoff roll.... plus the abort stop distance puts me a little closer to the limit.

I appreciate the input.   Kurt 


More information about the Reflector mailing list