REFLECTOR: Tow Bars

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Apr 11 14:58:44 CDT 2005


I use a Robotow.

http://www.robotow.com/18%20Volt%20Page%20rev1.htm

I had to tap and screw two 1/4" allen head screws into the beefy part of
the nose gear fork, which allows you to use the cessna adapter to grab the
plane with.  You also have to reverse the nose tire before and after
tugging, but thats no big deal unless you forget to reverse after tugging
and try to taxi with a backwards nose gear!  Been that and done there!

Scott


> Tom,
>
>
>> This is something that has bugged me for a long time!  I can't find any
>> tow bars that work with the Velocity.
>
> It bugged me, too.
>
>> What has everyone been using?
>
> I believe most builders use the "Pull & Kick" method of ground handling.
>
> Chief Aircraft sells a line of Tow Bars. They built this modified Bonanza
> Tow
> Bar for me. It snaps into a couple of small holes I drilled in the Nose
> Fork.
> It works great!!
>
> As I have recently purchased the new heavier nose fork, I will soon decide
> if
> I will relocate the Tow Bar holes to a less stressful spot in the casting.
> Maybe someone can suggest where that should be.
>
>
> Dave Black
> Shortwing RG_______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list