REFLECTOR: CANARD ATTACHMENT

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 17:02:18 CDT 2005


The orientation of the bolt head (facing forward or rearward) doesn't make a big difference.  Either direction is structurally acceptable.  I like the idea of having the nuts facing forward - in order to get an eyeball inspection of the nuts (and protruding threads of the canard lift tab mounting bolts).  Torque-Seal is a great idea in this application - pop the front inspection hatch cover off - look inside - see that the Torque-Seal has not been broken - good to go.  Yes, the cabin side of the mounting bolt can also be seen - but it is easier, in my opinion, to get eyes inside the nose area.
Scott B.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom Martino 
  To: reflector at www.tvbf.org 
  Cc: Scott Baker ; scottb at velocityaircraft.com 
  Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 9:38 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: CANARD ATTACHMENT


  I noticed in the Builder's Manual ... it shows the canard attach bold going with the bolt heads facing forward, and nuts to the rear.

  In my particular case I found it way more convenient (for clearances and tool selection) to install the big bolts into the canard bulkhead ... from the back ... with the nuts facing forward.

  I don't think this should make a big difference ... but I want to get feedback from those with more experience.

  Any info will be appreciated!

  Tom
  N173EX


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050410/5b67fe5c/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list