REFLECTOR: RPM SENSING

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Sep 19 19:29:04 CDT 2004


Thats how I understand it too.

Though I'm using the magneto pickup supplied by Vision to get my RPM, 
instead of the output from the LSE.   It was already hooked up when I 
installed the LSE, and I figured don't fix what aint broke.

Scott

At 05:46 PM 9/19/2004, you wrote:
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = 
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word">
>I'm about to install the crank LSE on my plane, and hook it to the Blue 
>Mountain EFIS, and although I haven't done it yet, everything I've read 
>indicates that the RPM output (and advance display) are independent of the 
>input sensor, and always available.
>
>Brett
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:tmartino at troubleshooter.com>Tom Martino
>To: <mailto:reflector at www.tvbf.org>reflector at www.tvbf.org
>Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 5:41 PM
>Subject: REFLECTOR: RPM SENSING
>
>Anyone using an LSE Plasma II Electronic Ignition?  If so, maybe you can 
>answer this for me:
>
>
>
>The Plasma outputs a "pulsed signal" to read RPM on an electronic tach or 
>EFIS unit.  Does it work with the direct crank sensor on a 6-cyclinder 
>engine?  Or do you have to use a Hall Effect sensor for the pulses to work?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>----------
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list