REFLECTOR: Gear warning horn

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:54:22 CDT 2004


Al,

I have a switch below the battery box that is activated by the nose gear door.  Wouldn't want to fly around with the nose gear full up and the doors open.  If the gear isn't full up then the doors won't close.  This way you know all is well with both the gear and the door.

Larry Coen
Std. RG/E Franklin
N136LC
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Al Gietzen 
  To: reflector 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 5:45 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Gear warning horn


  The normal approach for wiring the gear warning horn is a low throttle position switch.  Having a liquid cooled engine, I think I may be less reluctant than otherwise to pull the throttle all the way back for slowing and descending when I have no intention of landing; and having the annoyance of having to reset the gear horn.



  I have an 'airspeed switch' to prevent gear up while on the ground; so I'm thinking of using a double throw relay circuit that activates the warning horn at the speed the air speed switch opens.  Then set that for a tad above final approach speed; and horn sounds if gear is not down.



  Is this re-invention of the wheel, or maybe not a good idea; or trading one set of annoyances for another.



  And while I'm at it; what's a good location for "Up and Locked" switch on the nose gear?



  Al





------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040909/c01b4c3e/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list