REFLECTOR: TIRE PRESSURES

velocity v350tx at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 19:29:36 CDT 2004


My nose tire was inflated to 20psi and when I went to full power the
threaded end of the gear leg contacted the tire.  At 40psi this does not
occur.  Dave Bertram 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Date: 10/29/04 10:59:03
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: TIRE PRESSURES
 
I know spinning is an issue and I wish I could have the best of both worlds.
 What type of tire was on the nose? 
John 
Jim Sower wrote: 
I try to stay a little over inflated.  I had a nose wheel get low and at
touchdown, the tire spun on the rim and sheared the valve stem off.  Took a
whole day to find a new tube that even *remotely* fit, and the tire was
pretty banged up. 
Mains can spin that way too ... Jim S. 
  
John Dibble wrote: 
The factory has recommended pressures.  I keep the mains at 40-45 psig. 
Lower pressures increase the roll drag.  However for a new Velocity pilot, a
lower pressure (25-30psi) might provide extra cushion should you have a hard
landing. 
As posted a while back by Chuck Jensen, I keep the nose at 20 psi to reduce
shimmy. 
John 
Tom Martino wrote: 
For those flying ... what have you found as the best air pressure for the
MLG 600 X 6?And the “slick” nose tire.
_
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf
org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041029/185b5436/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list