REFLECTOR: Air speed switch

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Oct 17 11:54:57 CDT 2004


I did some tests on the air speed switch used in the gear retract system.
Using a water manometer, I wanted to find if the switching was consistent,
and at what speed.  I found that, as it came, it was set to about 62 kts.
Although the switching is not a sharp on-off (the resistance varies over a
small range in pressure), it is very consistent.  With a relay connected to
the switch, it consistently switched with about +- 1 kt.  I adjusted the
switch point to 85 kts, and I am using it to trigger the gear warning horn
as well as prevent gear-up on the ground, because that was easier than
installing and wiring a throttle position switch.  We'll see hoe that works.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041017/aa337541/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list