REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade
Chuck Jensen
cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Oct 14 11:52:56 CDT 2004
It's a minor point but the phenolic boards that are inserted between the
axle and gear leg is really a "thermal isolation barrier" rather than a heat
shield. By installing the thermal isolation barrier between the axle and
leg, the only heat conduit path is through the bolts, which is minimal.
Main point is, they work fine. I found after converting from the Matcos to
Clevelands (XL RG 300) that there is very little heat build in the brake
assembly anyhow, so the barrier probably doesn't do much.
Chuck
Do Not Archive
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jack Sheehan
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:22 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade
Al,
Sounds like maybe you are thinking of using the compound brakes. I
have them and they work great. I do have a heat shield made out of
phenolic between the gear leg and the axal.
I do not feel that the clutch master cylinders we use are the best it
seems to me that the brakes are better and have more than i can apply
with the clutch cylinders.
There is a Rev A to the 323 compound brakes that must be completed.
I have close to 300 Hours on the brakes now and the first hours taxi
tests etc were probably pretty rough. I know the first landing was.
I am sure you know that the 323 brakes are a completely different
brake than the AT or XT etc.
Jack
N55XL
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list