REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Nov 27 08:40:05 CST 2004
Isn't that "anti-aliasing" or am I backwards???
That's what its called in DSP on the software side of things....
Scott
At 01:28 PM 11/26/2004, Wayne wrote:
>On a digital oscilloscope they call that "ailiasing"
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronnie Brown" <romott at adelphia.net>
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 2:26 PM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem
>
>
>>A similar problem is occurring with the Blue Mountains/Dynon's with a
>>vibration caused sampling frequency problem. Attitude indicators are laying
>>over sideways at certain rpms.
>>
>>Since Chuck and others are having a similar problem, I would suggest that a
>>snubber/orifice needs to be added to the fuel pressure sensor line.
>>Digital/computerized instrumentation samples the data instead of having a
>>continuous readout like an analog instrument. If the pulses from the fuel
>>pump are in sync with the digital sampling frequency, then the read out at
>>certain times could be sampling the low pressure part of the readings, and
>>hence the indicated low pressure (at certain rpms or other harmonics).
>>
>>My fuel pressure sensor line has a 1/16" orifice - a fitting was filled with
>>silver solder then drilled out with a drill bit. This should reduce the
>>pulses reaching the sensor and improve the accuracy of the fuel pressure
>>readout. I have similar orifices on my oil pressure and MAP lines.
>>
>>Incidentally, the fix on the Dynons was a change in the solid state gyro
>>sampling frequency to avoid the offending engine RPM harmonic.
>>
>>Ronnie
>>
>>
>>
>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Sheehan" <j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov>
>>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 1:09 PM
>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem
>>
>>
>>>Scott,
>>>Here is what I understand. The VM-1000 is a really good instrument.
>>>there have been a lot of installation problems but the readings you
>>>get from the instrument are correct usually. I have had the same
>>>problem with a Lycoming IO-540. It seems that the lycoming fuel pumps
>>>do actually fluctuate in pressure. The tolerance on the alarm of the
>>>VM-1000 sometimes does not trip but sometimes it does. Visionmicro
>>>does have a new software change that permits the delay of the alarm.
>>>They also have a recommended fix for the fuel pressure. They
>>>recommend the installation of a snubber in the pressure line just
>>>before the transducer similar to the one that is in front of the
>>>manifold pressure transducer. For some reason I can almost predict
>>>the low fuel pressure alarm as I climb through 8500 feet.
>>>Seems the digital instruments are telling us things we really didn't
>>>want to know and would never see in an old analog gauge.
>>>If you need more info I suggest you call Visionmicro systems. ask for
>>>Dave he is a really helpful technical support guy.
>>>We used to have to make a decision between JPI or Visionmicro for a
>>>good digital system but now they are the same company or at least
>>>there has been some sort of merger but VisionMicro is still the place
>>>to call.
>>>Why it took so long to happen on your airplane I do not know but I
>>>can also go for weeks without any fluctuation alarms which also does
>>>not make a lot of sense. I suppose temperature,pressure etc make a
>>>difference.
>>>
>>>Jack
>>>N55XL
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>To change your email address, visit
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list