REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Nov 26 15:24:19 CST 2004
This is really good news....
I think Ronnie mentioned I can make one by filling the connector that the
sensor screws into with solder and drilling out a 1/16" hole....
I'll try that today..
thanks all, this has been a mysterious problem. Hasn't helped with my
wife's, feelings about my airplane either....
Sometimes I feel like I'm in this endless series of very odd and
inexplicable problems, to add to my "I hate my airplane" feeling at the
time, my car's windshield just developed a crack the same day, out of
nowhere, that bisected the windshield in less than an hour! Karma?
off to the airport, later....
Scott
At 11:09 AM 11/26/2004, you wrote:
>Scott,
>Here is what I understand. The VM-1000 is a really good instrument. there
>have been a lot of installation problems but the readings you get from the
>instrument are correct usually. I have had the same problem with a
>Lycoming IO-540. It seems that the lycoming fuel pumps do actually
>fluctuate in pressure. The tolerance on the alarm of the VM-1000 sometimes
>does not trip but sometimes it does. Visionmicro does have a new software
>change that permits the delay of the alarm. They also have a recommended
>fix for the fuel pressure. They recommend the installation of a snubber in
>the pressure line just before the transducer similar to the one that is in
>front of the manifold pressure transducer. For some reason I can almost
>predict the low fuel pressure alarm as I climb through 8500 feet.
>Seems the digital instruments are telling us things we really didn't want
>to know and would never see in an old analog gauge.
>If you need more info I suggest you call Visionmicro systems. ask for Dave
>he is a really helpful technical support guy.
>We used to have to make a decision between JPI or Visionmicro for a good
>digital system but now they are the same company or at least there has
>been some sort of merger but VisionMicro is still the place to call.
>Why it took so long to happen on your airplane I do not know but I can
>also go for weeks without any fluctuation alarms which also does not make
>a lot of sense. I suppose temperature,pressure etc make a difference.
>
>Jack
>N55XL
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list